Problem Installing native jdk1.5.0 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Fri Oct 14 08:03:56 PDT 2005

Objective
---------

I'm trying to install native jdk 1.5.0 on a box running FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE.

Problem
-------

When I run "make install clean", I'm getting a message telling me that I
should mount LINPROCFS before starting to build jdk 1.5.0 and that the
commands "kldload linprocfs" and
"mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc" should do that.

** Major Problem: When I run "kldload linprocfs" (as root), I get the
following error:

"kldload: can't load linprocfs: Operation not permitted"

I have the following files on my box:

/usr/src/sys/compat/linprocfs
/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/****/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/linprocfs
/usr/src/sys/modules/linprocfs

What I have done

  ) I have tried to googled out the error

  ) I have lowered the _kernel_secure_level to 1...even to -1

  ) I have added the following line into my /etc/fstab file:

    "linprocfs  /compat/linux/proc  linprocfs  rw  0  0"

I still get the same error when I run "kldload linprocfs".

Please help!!

--
				-Vincent