FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE / 6.0 audio drivers for Intel 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Deficition Audio Controller

Miles Keaton mileskeaton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:13:29 PDT 2005

> After spending a few years with FreeBSD, you'll learn to
> actually check if a piece of hardware is supported
> before buying it.
> One of the most popular points against FreeBSD is
> hardware support. Taking into account the fact
> that many local PC/server vendors try to assemble
> boxes using bleeding-edge hardware, and most
> people blindly buy it, there's no wonder to that.

I dunno... I gotta disagree.  I've been with FreeBSD for 5 years now
and this is the first time I've ever found it not supporting some
hardware.

I had eventually come to the conclusion that FreeBSD seems to support
EVERYTHING under the sun, and that people who thought otherwise were
just going on outdated info.

Maybe I've just never been bleeding-edge before.  :-)