Moving down from amd64 to i386 ??

Stefan Cars stefan at snowfall.se
Thu Oct 13 08:56:21 PDT 2005

Hi!

After doing some testing this is what I found out:

1) Exchanging memory on the machine did not work. Same error.
2) Trying it on another 64 bit machine with same FreeBSD (RC1) creates
EXACT same problem
3) Installing the i386 version of RC1 instead of amd64 on the same
machines and it works terrific. No crash.

The bt is always the same and it always crash the same, look here:

#784 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
#785 0x247c8d48002454ff in ?? ()
#786 0x01a1c0c748006a10 in ?? ()
#787 0x66fdebf4050f0000 in ?? ()
#788 0x9066669066669066 in ?? ()
#789 0x00007fffffffe778 in ?? ()
#790 0x0000000000000006 in ?? ()
#791 0x00007fffffffe7b0 in ?? ()
#792 0x0000000000000017 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x800000000000