How can I cut and paste from xterm _into_ another program ? (NOTE - I am not an IDIOT)

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Thu Oct 13 07:20:24 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 03:11:29PM +0100, Spec wrote:
> couldn't see if you got an answer to this but I just found out
> that you can do it (in fedora/xfce anyway).

This is a feature of the graphical environment (X windows), not the
operating system or, AFAIK, the window manager.

> You select text you want to copy in xterm, move focus to where you
> want to paste it and then press mouse button 5 on my logitech
> mouse, so just press all mouse buttons on your mouse, one will
> probably/possibly (at a guess) paste text.

The traditional binding is 'Mouse 3', which often is the scroll
wheel or both left and right buttons pressed simultaneously. This
may differ depending on the mouse.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier at jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier at ml1.net |