FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE / 6.0 audio drivers for Intel 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Deficition Audio Controller

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:17:34 PDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Miles Keaton <mileskeaton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Looking for audio drivers for Intel 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High
> > >Deficition Audio Controller.
>
> > There is no driver for High Definition sound controller. But you can use
> > a program to get sound. It's called Open Sound System. It works most of
> > the sound controllers. I am not able to use it for high definition.
>

> Yeah - I checked with them.  Unfortunately they still don't support
> this card for FreeBSD.  (As of October 2005)

After spending a few years with FreeBSD, you'll learn to
actually check if a piece of hardware is supported
before buying it.

One of the most popular points against FreeBSD is
hardware support. Taking into account the fact
that many local PC/server vendors try to assemble
boxes using bleeding-edge hardware, and most
people blindly buy it, there's no wonder to that.

Cheerz,
Andrew P.