Geom Mirror/FS corruption problem

Barry Jeung bjeung at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 00:04:20 PDT 2005

Well I managed to create the problem myself, but I'm going to need some help
to fix it, if it can be fixed.

Have a i386 5.4 box with a geom mirror. Been running fine for a few months.
Determined to ruin BSD's reputation for stability, I removed 'swapoff=yes'
from rc.conf. A few reboots later, I install the dovecot port, and notice
that even though I changed one of the config files, it's still reading the
default settings. Played with that and rebooted a few more times. Noticed
clamav and mysql weren't starting at boot anymore. Clamav was complaining
about permissions on the log files and the definition databases. Checked
permissions, everything looked ok. chown clamav:clamav and chmod 777 out of
frustration and still nothing. make deinstall on the port and deleted all
remnants. make install, same problem. Seems my mirror is out of sync or
something. Ran fsck -f a few times, no complaints. Forced a rebuild of the
mirror overnite. Still having the same issues. Is this fixable or is it
hosed? I'm leaning towards the later =/. TIA