Dell Inspiron 2500 fxp0 problems, hangs/freeze

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Wed Oct 12 10:14:19 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2500 with a intel network adapter on.

It hangs in the boot up process, but if I disable acpi i can boot up
into the install menu....
 >set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1

But heres the problem. When i tries to asign a ip either via dhcp or
manualy, it hangs if the cable are plugged in...

There are some options on it, "vlanmtu" i have tried to remove it and
did the asigned a ip, but it hangs when I plug in the cable :-(

Now i'm lost, what are my options? any one got the same problem?

Its FreeBSD 6.0rc1, but the same happens with 5.4, 5.3, 4.11 etc. Once I
got a old 4.8 installed..... so i know is has worked.

best regards
me