5.4 on a Dell D800

Wayne Witzke wwitzke at sstire.com
Wed Oct 12 07:55:01 PDT 2005

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I tried installing 5.4 on my Dell D800 laptop.  After the first
> boot, my keyboard stopped working.  I don't know what to do from now or
> if it is even worth the effort.  Should I try 6.0RC?
>
> Regards,

I have 5.4 installed on a 2 year old Dell D800 laptop and so far
everything works perfectly except for my CDROM (which I'm beginning to
think is failing anyway).

You might want to check the boot messages and see what keyboard drivers
it's loading, or connecting an external keyboard and seeing if that works.

Wayne