5.4 on a Dell D800

Bob Middaugh bob.middaugh at comcast.net
Wed Oct 12 07:10:12 PDT 2005

> On Behalf Of Ugo Bellavance
> Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:44 AM
> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Subject: 5.4 on a Dell D800
>
> Hi,
>
> 	I tried installing 5.4 on my Dell D800 laptop.  After
> the first boot, my keyboard stopped working.  I don't know
> what to do from now or if it is even worth the effort.
> Should I try 6.0RC?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ugo

Hi Ugo, I have 5.4 on my D800 right now.  The only thing I can relate
is that under WinXP right now, my cursor wanders the screen
uncontrollably when I use the keyboard.  I haven't tried to get the
wireless nic, firewire or sound working, but everything else is fine,
afaik.  In fact, the resolution and display of my Gnome desktop is
better than it is under WinXP...I don't have to squint to see
everything.

Good luck,
Bob