I am having problem with network

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:26:28 PDT 2005

On 10/12/05, Jayesh Jayan <jayesh.jayan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  I had a look and couldn't find this on any of the files :(
>
>  i did check by grepping through the files.
>
>  Another interesting thing i found is that i can ping this particular ip but
> there is no arp cache for the same.
>
>  I am really thankful for the guidance.
>
>  I wish to get more and more guidance from you ...

I did some simple math - and it happens, that your
network is probably misconfigured. I can't tell you
what's wrong exactly, but the machine you described
seems to be properly set up. It's just there must be
something wrong with subnetting/routing.

As far as I can tell, it's not a FreeBSD issue. With
a site so complicated, you need a real networking
expert to sort your mess out.

Cheerz,
Andrew P.