AaaarrrGGGH. linuxpluginwrapper and linux-mozilla.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Oct 12 00:01:45 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 07:43:51PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:54:16PM -0400, Chris Hill wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> > >tao# `/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libX`
> > >libX11.so.6
> > >
> > >	Hm.  So nothing but libX11... .
> >
> > Not necessarily. Run it again unquoted, like so:
> >
> > tao# /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libX
> >
> > ...and you should see more. Running the command in `quotes' will try to
> > execute the first match that grep finds, which on my machine is (you
> > guessed it) libX11.so.6.
> >

> 	Right!  ...But then I rebuilt and reinstalled linux_base-8,
> 	too.  So hard to say what might have been missing.
> 	Anyway, time to see if anything works now :)

	Well, in short, no-joy. I've updated linux_base-8, reinstalled
	linuxpluginwrapper--(I may have the wrong flash installed, but
	no biggie).

	With mozilla on my Thinkpad, it simply exits.  linux-mozilla
	on the TP does  fire up mplayerplugin.  But it prints
	"Stopped" on the GUI display; to stdout or stderr it prints
	href=(null); On the browser URL display it shows:

	     http://www.kuow.org/kuow2/kuow2.asx

	I get the "Stopped" string on both my laptop and here in my
	offfiice with the FBSD mozilla, linux-mozilla, and firefox.
	This is what Isee on my xterm on tao:

p5 23:40 <tao> [6596]
(Gecko:40836): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has
wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so [Shared object
"libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]
checking to see if we need to make a button
n->url=http://www.kuow.org/kuow2/kuow2.asx
url=http://www.kuow.org/kuow2/kuow2.asx
href=(null)

	If I have to pkg_delete anything I'd rather delete the linux
	ports.  Don't know if ths would help.  aNybody have any ideas
	why mplayerplugin just quits?  (I'd be pulling out my hair if
	I had enough left:-)  (*mumble*)

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix