AaaarrrGGGH. linuxpluginrapper and linux-mozilla.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Oct 11 09:10:10 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:22:28PM +0400, Andrew P. wrote:
> On 10/11/05, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> >
> >         Sorry for the outburst in subject, but I've been having these
> >         problems
> >         with linux-mozilla for several days:
> >

> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXt.so [libXt.so:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXext.so [libXext.so:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> > /home/kline/.mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so
> > [/home/kline/.mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid]
> >

> >         Are linux-mozilla and regular FreeBSD mozilla mutually exclusive?
> >         Once, I had mplayer-plugin working so that I was actually able
> >         to listen to a Windows audio player.
> >
> >         Anybody?
> >
> >         gary
> >

> > --
> >    Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix

> Erm, first show us the output of
>
> `/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libX`

tao# `/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libX`
libX11.so.6

	Hm.  So nothing but libX11... .

> If there's no libXt or libXext in the output, try this:
>
> # echo "/usr/X11R6/lib" >> /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf
> # /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
>
> And check that output again.

	Okay, I get:

tao# echo "/usr/X11R6/lib" >> /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf
tao# `/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libX`
libX11.so.6: Command not found.

	I'm missing the linux compat files; where do I rebuild
	these libraries?  There is no [Mm]akefile in /usr/compat/linux.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix