CRITICAL Warning When Closing Gnome2

Lawrence Petrykanyn lawrence.petrykanyn at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 11 07:59:34 PDT 2005

Hi!

    I am a newbie running 5.4 on an AMD Sempron with a dual boot
(Win98SE) in a home environment.  I am networked with two other Window
boxes to share a high-speed DSL.  My machine has been running smoothly
for a few months now.

    I have two issues that I would gratefully appreciate some insight
into and I think that they may be related.  First, I get error messages
when I shut down Gnome2.  Second, portupgrade skips the upgrade for
Gnome2 (I think because Mozilla fails).

    Here is what I can read on my screen after I shutdown Gnome2:

(nautilus: 22504): Eel-CRITICAL **: preferences_entry_remove_callback:
assertion 'entry -> callback-list !=NULL' failed
** (nautilus: 22311): WARNING**: destroyed file still being monitored
** (nautilus: 22311): WARNING**: destroyed file still being monitored
** (nautilus: 22311): WARNING**: destroyed file still being monitored
** (nautilus: 22311): WARNING**: destroyed file still being monitored
---Hash table keys for warning below:
-->file:///home/greg/Desktop
(nautilus: 22311): Eel-WARNING**: "nautilus-metafile.c:metafiles" hash
table still has 1 element at quit time (keys above)
---Hash table keys for warning below:
-->file:///home/greg/Desktop
(nautilus: 22311): Eel-WARNING**: "nautilus-directory.c: directories"
hash table still has 1 element at quit time (keys above)

waiting for X server to shutdown FreeFontPath:FPE
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing

    I've had the above messages for months.

    As to the portupgrade, (and again, I mention this only because it
may be related), I do a cvsup on both my source and ports every time
before I do a portupgrade.  Here are the error messages that I receive
(as much as I can read on the screen):

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-1.1/work/OOo_1.1.5/svx/source/dialog
dmake: Error Code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
*** Error Code 255
        .
    .
    .
Stop in /usr/ports/openoffice.org-1.1
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script-qa/tmp/portupgrade
60491.44 make
** Fix the problem and try again

**Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
    ! www/mozilla (mozilla-1.7.11,2)  (segmentation fault)
    * www/mplayer-plug-in (mplayer plug-in-3.05)
    ! editors/openoffice.org-1.1 (openoffice-1.1.5.rc2.1) (missing header)
    * X11/yelp  (yelp-2.10.0_1)
    * X11/gnome2  (gnome2-2.10.2)

---> Packages processed: 1 done, 349 ignored, 3 skipped, 2 failed

    I would gladly deinstall Mozilla as I have installed Firefox as
well.  But I need Mozilla's mail services as I had a lot of troulble
with Evolution and uninstalled it.  As well, I would deinstall
Openoffice if it is a known offender, but it took so long to compile
with Java that I would hate to give up on it now.

    As I mentioned above, I cvsup'd my source/ports and ran 'portupgrade
-a' about half a dozen times to see if the situation would correct
itself.  Should I just continue with the portupgrades or is there
something that I should address first?

    Any thoughts, comments, suggestions or advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Lawrence