very lightweight samba installation needed ... help ?

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Mon Oct 10 07:34:55 PDT 2005

On Sunday 09 October 2005 21:51, user wrote:

> On another 5.4-RELEASE system I went to /usr/ports/net/samba and ran
> "make package" ... the idea was that I would just copy over this package
> file and run pkg_add on the system.

Before you do that:

# cd /usr/ports/net/samba; make config

to enable/disable the options you want.  You'll want to disable CUPS to
remove printing support.  Then, re-run "make package".

> However, I now see that "make package" does not actually create a full
> package with all the necessary dependencies

Correct.  It only builds the one package.  Also, consider
editing /etc/make.conf and settings CFLAGS="-Os" to build the smallest
binaries possible.  That may save you a few KB.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies