portmanager

Alistair Sutton alistair.sutton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 10:35:29 PDT 2005

On 09/10/05, Michael Lednev <reaper at reaper.hn.org> wrote:
> Hello, Chris.
>
> On 9 îêòÿáðÿ 2005 ã., 19:01:10 you wrote:
>
> C> Michael Lednev wrote:
> >> Hello, freebsd-questions.
> >>
> >> anyone  tried  to  run  portmanager  from  crontab?  as for me it just
> >> coredumps, what am i doing wrong? its simply 0 0 * * * portmanager -s
> >>

> C> Try this:
>
> C> 0 0 * * * /usr/local/bin/portmanager -s

> portmanager 0.2.9_8 is running in DEBUG mode multiple instances of
> portmanager is now possible, a second instance will damage data bases so
> use caution
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> problem is not in wrong path but its portmanager itself

What version of FreeBSD are you running?

At the moment, portmanager dumps core on FreeBSD 6 (and presumably
-CURRENT), the author is aware of it and AFAIK is currently trying to
track down why and where.

Installing portmanager from a 5.4 package works though (as long as you
have the 5.x libs installed).

Al
--
GPG/PGP: http://www.no-dns-yet.org.uk/~everlone/pubkey.gpg