make.conf need --disable-nls or NO_LOCALE settings ?

Hanno Krusken lr101fc at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 06:31:27 PDT 2005

Hi all,

running FreeBSD-5.4-RELENG-p7 with a custom kernel on a laptop, I would like to disable "ALL" non english building language on the system incl. for all the installed ports.

I can not find any article about settings for the "/etc/make.conf" file, is there some thing like "NO_LOCALE", "WITHOUT_NLS" or global "CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-nls" witch can be used in single port "Makefile" configurations.

I would like to use any thing like "?????+=--disable-nls" for my "/etc/make.conf" to include to "buildworld", "make install" and "portupgrade -rRa" with out getting all the "~/local" folders cluttered up.

Thanks for help
Hanno