Throughput computation given cwnd and transmission time values?

Jamie Ann P. Zamodio japz20 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 04:41:41 PDT 2005

Hey guys. :)

Anybody have any idea how to compute for the
throughput of a connection given the congestion window
size of each segment, but not given the RTT? (I'm
using TCP Reno as my protocol flavor.) My log file
doesn't provide the individual RTT values, but I have
the total transmission time though.
When I sum the total congestion window size of the
connection and divide it by the transmission time, I
get unbelievably high throughput values like 20MB for
my 802.11b connection, which I think has a ceiling of
11MB.

Any form of reply will be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie