Intel 810 and agpgart

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 7 16:39:22 PDT 2005

I'm trying to install X.org on a new machine, and failing. I'm running
6-BETA5.

When I try to run X (say with 'X -config /root/xorg.conf.new') it fails with

(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)

I'm working on trying to figure out the warning, since my xorg.conf looks
okay, but my question at the moment is how do I get /dev/agpgart? Sure enough
it isn't in /dev, but I have 'device agp' in my kernel config, _and_ I have
'agp_load="YES"' in /boot/loader.conf. So I'm not sure why devfs isn't doing
its job...

Any ideas? Thanks,

-David

--
"What's the good of having mastery over
cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of