Playing Flash and video media in Firefox

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Fri Oct 7 02:08:02 PDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:14:38 +0400
"Andrew P." <infofarmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Still, I haven't figured out how to watch webcasts from some
> stupid sites that try to detect whether you have WMP
> installed.

Some sites are extremely broken, indeed. For example, I can't see the
videos from uefa.com, they simply refuse to deliver me the content on
either FreeBSD, SuSE and Ubuntu.

> Has anyone been able to play videos from cnn.com
> for example? (Lately, I mean. They've switched from pay-
> per-month realmedia to free wmv)

I use mplayer-plugin with Mozilla for many sites, including cnn.com.
Screenshots upon request :).
I've also just found, a week ago I guess, an interesting media player
extension for Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=446

--
Adi Pircalabu (PGP Key ID 0x04329F5E)