Iogear KVM Switch Mouse Compatibility

Dev Tugnait dev at unixdaemon.org
Fri Oct 7 00:33:39 PDT 2005

I just purchased the Iogear GCS82B its a 2 port PS/2 kvm switch. Port 1 is connected to freebsd and port 2 to windows xp. I have a logitech mx 3100 using ps/2. The mouse (logitech mx 1000) works fine under freebsd. But when i boot it with the KVM switch it doesnt detect the mouse. Starting moused:moused: unable to open /dev/psm0: No such file or directory. If i remove the switch psm0 is detected. The mouse works with the KVM on windows just fine so it is supported by the KVM, the customer support could offer me no help they have nver heard of FreeBSD. Any help would be appreciated in troubleshooting this. thanks