wazzup with this java build warning?

Randy Schultz schultz at sgi.com
Thu Oct 6 19:12:55 PDT 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Kris Kennaway spaketh thusly:

-}On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:32:41PM -0500, Randy Schultz wrote:
-}> Doing a make in ports/java/jdk14.  Have in ports/distfiles the files the
-}> make asks for.  When the make continues it warns with:
-}>
-}> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/javac in /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14
-}> ======================================================================
-}> Warning: This JDK may be unstable. You are advised to use the native
-}> FreeBSD JDK, in ports/java/jdk14.
-}>
-}>
-}> I don't get this.  I am using ports/java/jdk14, performing the make there,
-}> yet it barks with this.  Is this some debris from a bygone check or did I
-}> miss a step?
-}
-}No, read what it says..it's installing the linux-sun-jdk14 port as
-}part of the build of jdk14.  Why?  Because you need a java compiler to
-}bootstrap the java compiler.

Tnx Ken.

So it's ok and the end result will be the native jdk?

--
 Randy    (schultz at sgi.com)  715-726-2832     email bodhisattva     <*>

 "There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred,  there is no
snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed."