FreeBSD Support (Commerical)

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Thu Oct 6 10:07:48 PDT 2005

> I guess I am interested in finding out if there is support that is offered
> by the FreeBSD project, not from third party vendors.

Basically FreeBSD support is what you see on the web page.
In some sense, you could say that all of FreeBSD- development
and support - is by third party sources or maybe that all third
party contributers are part of the FreeBSD project at some level.

In other words, development in FreeBSD land comes from those who
use it to provide services - of any kind including supporting
other's use of it for hire.

But, no, the FreeBSD project per se does not offer commercial support.

////jerry