Enabling cgi scripts in apache

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 6 10:03:25 PDT 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 9:41 PM, Glenn Dawson wrote:

> At 09:31 PM 10/5/2005, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>     Just having problems again enabling cgi script execution in
>> apache. The script exists, it's the right set of permissions, and the
>> perl interpreter is reference correctly, as well as the following
>> line in the httpd.conf file:
>>
>>     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
>>

> Without being able to see the config, the name of the script, the
> contents of the script,  or the directory it's in, the simple stuff
> comes to mind.
>
> Does the AddHandler directive actually apply to the directory that
> contains the script?
>
> Does the script end in .cgi ?
>
> What shows up in your apache error log?
>
> What error shows up in the browser when you try to browse to the
> script?
>
> -Glenn

     Ah, yes... should have explained more in that regard.
     The server serves the file exacting as written and doesn't
display the result that I want on the server (which is the script
doing something for that matter).
     All that I have really changed from the defaults is the
AddHandler section, so Apache just doesn't know how to serve CGI
files, although mod-cgi is loaded properly I think.
     Just go to http://wongle.mine.nu for the script since it's a
part of the main page.
-Garrett