How often cvsup the ports?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Thu Oct 6 07:44:14 PDT 2005

Benjamin Lutz writes:

>  > I use Portupgrade to install apps every now and then.
>  > How often should I cvsup the ports?
>
>  As often as you like/need. I usually do it manually every 1-3
>  days.

	I upgrade the ports tree every night.
	Building the ports depends on the number and identity.  Small
items and security fixes get done daily; monsters like Mozilla and
its kindred every couple of days; OpenOffice ... urk.
	(NB: I have a 7 mbit broadband connection and the build machine
has periods when it's not doing much of anything else.)

				Robert Huff