how to recompile a port in a clean maneer?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Oct 6 06:23:52 PDT 2005

Eric Devolder wrote:
> Thank you Chuck, now I better understand what's behind this. Maybe
> just a side question: Can I "refresh" the files contained in
> /usr/ports with the one of an older release? for example, I would like
> to use ports from 4.3 while I'm running a 4.11 for now. Of course, my
> /usr/ports reflects only ports for 4.11. How can I replace them with
> the 4.3 ones?

If you have a /usr/ports tree corresponding to 4.3, I suppose you could simply
copy that to a 4.11 system.  Or as someone else mentioned, you could use CVS to
obtain the ports tree as of a particular date.  *Why* you would want to do so
is unclear; there have been a lot of security bugs found in various common
ports which have been fixed over the years.

You could use sysutils/portdowngrade to go back to an older revision of a
specific port.

--
-Chuck