Can't get Mailman to work

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Thu Oct 6 04:43:51 PDT 2005

--On 6. oktober 2005 9:26 +0200 Sasa Stupar <sasa at stupar.homelinux.net>
wrote:

> --On 6. oktober 2005 2:46 -0400 Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> grep DefaultUser /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
>

> 9# grep DefaultUser /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> O DefaultUser=8:12
>

> Sasa

OK, I have my sendmail now to run as mailnull:
-------------
# grep DefaultUser /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
O DefaultUser=mailnull
-------------
But now I have an error in mailman smtp-error log:
-------------
Oct 06 13:39:03 2005 (8442) SMTP session failure: 530, 5.7.0 Authentication
required, msgid: ....
-------------
I have on my sendmail setup client smtp authentication but I have also in
my access file:
---------
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain		RELAY
localhost			RELAY
127.0.0.1			RELAY
---------
So it should relay without authentication.
What am I missing here?

Sasa