Can't get Mailman to work

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Wed Oct 5 23:25:30 PDT 2005

Hi!

I have installed Mailman 2.1.6 from the ports collection on FBSD 5.4. Now I
have configured apache to have web access and it is working. I have even
created a list and that worked too. My problem is that when I sent a
message to the list I get back:
--------------
Failure to find group name mailnull.  Try adding this group
to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
existing group name with the command line option --with-mail-gid.
I have sendmail configured and running just fine. And the group mailnull
DOES exist on my system. I have even tried to ciompile Mailman with
different mail_gid but I get allways the same error.
Looks like this is connected to the execution of the smrsh.
Does anyone have (had) the similar problem and how to solve it?

Regards,
Sasa