NEWBIE: how-to for feeding file to gnomealyzer.sh?

David Armour dfarmour at myrealbox.com
Wed Oct 5 22:00:13 PDT 2005

hello greg,

thank you for your reply.

> > i seem to recall a perl something or other flashing by on one of
> > those root terminal screens. how does one preserve the
> > information on those screensful?

> man script

> Use script to capture your entire upgrade process for analysis. Look
> not only at the end where things totally crap out, but possibly much
> earlier where things may start to fail in a non-fatal way (esp. if

i'd forgotten the script trick. too far back in the memory banks i
guess.

> Sorry for not responding earlier... an unusual confluence of the
> stars allowed me to take an actual vacation that involved no

sounds like it must've been pretty good.

> computers other than a GPS locator. Perhaps you've solved this by
> now, but if not:

i fed the file to the gnomelogalyzer script and it basically told me
that it couldn't help. (!) subsequently, i've seen messages suggesting
that all i needed was linuxpluginwrapper and one other port (the name
of which eludes me at the moment) installed. i've made sure they're
installed, but as it turns out, i haven't needed the plugins at any of
the sites i've visited.

regards