Enabling cgi scripts in apache

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 5 21:29:54 PDT 2005

Hi,
     Just having problems again enabling cgi script execution in
apache. The script exists, it's the right set of permissions, and the
perl interpreter is reference correctly, as well as the following
line in the httpd.conf file:

     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

     I also restarted the server, so I'm not sure what I'm missing
out on. Any ideas?
     Versions:

gman at sprsd$ perl --version

This is perl, v5.8.6 built for i386-freebsd-64int

Copyright 1987-2004, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic
License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access
to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home
Page.

gman at sprsd$ httpd -v