OT: New design

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Wed Oct 5 20:43:09 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 05:43 pm, Chris wrote:
> I see the site is sporting a new design. I like it.

I like the idea, but the rendering is lacking in some browsers.  This
screenshot comes from Konqueror 3.4.2 on a FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4 machine:

   http://subwiki.honeypot.net/pub/new_freebsd_org_in_konqueror.png

FWIW, it looks almost identical in Firefox 1.0.7 on the same system.  The
design scales badly on larger windows, too: at 1600x1200, the content fills
maybe 40% of my browser window.

I like the overall look that they're shooting for, but the facelift is still
kind of painful at this point.
--
Kirk Strauser