sendmail not starting at boot

Annelise Anderson andrsn at andrsn.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 5 19:57:36 PDT 2005

On 5.4-STABLE as of October 1, sendmail doesn't start on reboot.
I have to either do it by hand or run sh rc.sendmail (which does
start it).
There's no sendmail.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

The rc.conf has sendmail_enable="YES" and I even changed this
in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

I supposed I could clip some of rc.sendmail and put in in a
sendmail.sh file for /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but perhaps something
more obvious is wrong.  I want sendmail to be not only a
local mta but to be the incoming and outgoing server.

Thanks--

 	Annelise

.