Multilanguange

Owen Jeremiah fowlplay77 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:40:32 PDT 2005

> If you want to display chinese, you need a chinese
> font,(e.g."simsun"),then set the LANGUAGE environment
> before startx.
> e.g.
> #setenv LANGUAGE zh_CN.UTF8
> Then you can display chinese filenames under gnome or gnome-terinal.
>
> If you want to input chinese,you need a chinese input
> method,(e.g.xcin,fcitx),then set env before startx.
> #setenv XMODIFIERS @im=fcitx
>
> However, many X program only support english language,like xterm.
> Also,many OS independent program can support many language(display &&
> input) without extra configuare,(e.g.emacs).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the documentation I read this means change
the WHOLE programs (e.g.: gnome etc.) default language into the other
language. What I want is the ability to change language on the fly, like
when I create a presentation, I want to be able to write in English and also
another language (e.g: chinese).

Is my assumption above is correct? If not, kindly enough to enlighten me
with the correct manual pages and/or handbook section to do the above.

TIA
--
Yours sincerely,
Owen Jeremiah