How do you patch a driver?

Foo Ji-Haw jhfoo at nexlabs.com
Wed Oct 5 09:40:29 PDT 2005

Thanks Chuck,

> Add:
>
> options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> options IPFIREWALL_DIVERT
>
> ...to your kernel config file.  This is mostly documented here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the IPFIREWALL_FORWARD was not mentioned
in the link you gave me (which I visited prior). Otherwise I wouldn't have
lost 2 nights working on this. But that's over now. I'm working on another
stumbling block on ipfw.

> Also note that ipfw forwarding alone may not do what you expect, unless
> you make special efforts on the machine being forwarded to, to recognize
> the additional IP addresses.  You might find using the redirect_host or
> redirect_port directives to natd more appropriate for your purposes.
Thanks for your concern. For my purposes, it's only a gateway. The NAT
router is further down the road. Appreciate the tip anyway.