FW: Sata drives and FBSD

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Wed Oct 5 09:32:10 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have had an issue (as many others have) trying to get STABLE, or even
CURRENT running on a box with an ICH6R RAID controller.

After install (which appears to be successful), when I reboot it just
sits there with a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen.

I've tried this numerous times over the past couple months to no avail.

Today, I tried another box using a 200GB Sata drive w/o RAID, and the
exact same thing happens.

I've tried all manner of things to no avail. If someone can shed some
light on this issue, I would most appreciate it.

Tks,

Steve