about linux emulation

K Anderson freebsduser at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 01:19:23 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew P." <infofarmer at gmail.com>
To: "K Anderson" <freebsduser at comcast.net>
Cc: "Antoine Solomon" <asolomon15 at gmail.com>;
<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:04 AM
Subject: Re: about linux emulation

On 10/5/05, K Anderson <freebsduser at comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]
Andrew,
You could probably test it out by having another primary drive and install
FC4. Then back that up on to tape, then boot up FreeBSD then chroot in to
the Linux emulation area then untar the FC4 install on top of the emulation.
It's a good theory but I'm not privy to the inner workings of the how's and
why's of linux emulation on freebsd.

~Mr Anderson