php4 sessions not built by default?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 5 01:14:00 PDT 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 1:02 AM, K Anderson wrote:

> [...]

Thought about that just a second ago, and it doesn't seem like
restarting Apache helped. Here's my extensions.ini file... it has
session.so in it, but hopefully there weren't any additional files
that were needed by the extension other than php4.

root at sprsd# cat /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
extension=pcre.so
extension=session.so

Interesting stuff when I ran the PHP script via a terminal:

gman at sprsd$ php index.php
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_match in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_match_all in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_replace in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_replace_callback in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_split in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_quote in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
preg_grep in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  pcre:  Unable to register functions, unable to load in
Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_name in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_module_name in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_save_path in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_id in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_regenerate_id in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_decode in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_register in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_unregister in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_is_registered in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_encode in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_start in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_destroy in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_unset in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_set_save_handler in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_cache_limiter in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_cache_expire in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_set_cookie_params in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_get_cookie_params in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_write_close in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
session_commit in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  session:  Unable to register functions, unable to load
in Unknown on line 0
<HTML>
<HEAD>
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
gman at sprsd$

     I have no idea what the core dump line implies, but it's
definitely not good... Any ideas?
-Garrett