Looking for other UNIONFS users ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Oct 4 17:45:42 PDT 2005

As some of you may know, FreeBSD 6.x's UNIONFS is *seriously* broken due
to some major changes to the VFS required for SMP (all good advances, but
for those of us using UNIONFS, we're kinda stuck) ...

I've been talking to one developer that would be interested in fixing
UNIONFS, but do to the # of bugs that existed *before* the VFS changes,
the "fix" is going to involve a complete re-write, instead of just adding
more bandaids and patches.

So, my first question is how many ppl are out there that are using UNIONFS
and would be interested in co-funding a rewrite of it so that its fixed
"once and for all"?

----