5.4 reboots when I plug in a flash drive?

Parv parv at pair.com
Tue Oct 4 17:01:12 PDT 2005

in message
<1468.209.87.176.132.1128439684.fusewebmail-19592 at webmail.fusemail.com
>, wrote Brian John thusly...
>
> I just got a 128MB USB flash drive.  When I plug it in in FreeBSD,
> the box promptly reboots!  What would cause this?

I don't know the cause.

Have you tried booting FreeBSD from power-off state w/ the flash
drive already inserted?  That may solve your booting problem, but
will not make use of the drive any easier.

Which version if FreeBSD are you using?  Which of the [ueo]hci
drivers come up in dmesg(8) on instertion of the USB drive?

  - Parv