Fwd: jack audio server - it won't work

James McNaughton jtmcnaughton at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 05:17:32 PDT 2005

--- James McNaughton <bitbucket63-it at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:30:29 -0700 (PDT)
> From: James McNaughton <bitbucket63-it at yahoo.com>
> Subject: jack audio server - it won't work
> To: Questions FreeBSD
> <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
>
> Has anyone ever gotten jackd to work. I'm having no
> luck. Should I keep trying or is it a lost cause?

I got it to work sort of.

jackd -d oss -r 44100 will make it work for xmms-jack
plugin. But just about anything will send it
spiralling out of control. I tried the commercial oss
drivers and they were worse, even after I inlcuded (I
think) the commercial headers.

Updating to jack-0.100.0 didn't help either.

Using jackd -d dummy results in the same loss of
control.

This is the jack output:
could not handle external client request
cannot read request from client (0/2100/Resource
temporarily unavailable)

I'm giving up for now.