NEWBIE: how-to for feeding file to gnomealyzer.sh?

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Mon Oct 3 07:22:49 PDT 2005

David Armour wrote:

> i seem to recall a perl something or other flashing by on one of
> those root terminal screens. how does one preserve the
> information on those screensful?

Sorry for not responding earlier... an unusual confluence of the
stars allowed me to take an actual vacation that involved no
computers other than a GPS locator. Perhaps you've solved this by
now, but if not:

man script

Use script to capture your entire upgrade process for analysis. Look
not only at the end where things totally crap out, but possibly much
earlier where things may start to fail in a non-fatal way (esp. if
you are portupgrading a glob of things, or -a, rather than focusing
on individual packages).

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348