Which MySQL version best to use and with/without linux threads?

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Mon Oct 3 02:52:36 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your answers!

I see that MySQL v5 is not mature enough for my likings to risk the
gamble already, and presently I have no need for triggers and stored
procedures (though they can be very handy, of course).

Regarding version 4.0.x versus 4.1.x: the same applies as for v5: I do
not yet have a direct need for v4.1's additional features, so I think
for now I'll simply stick with 4.0.26, and I will not bother compiling
linuxthreads into it.

Tnx again!

Cheers,
Olafo