Complete hangs while extracting source

David Kirchner dpk at dpk.net
Sun Oct 2 16:50:36 PDT 2005

On 10/2/05, Jakob Breivik Grimstveit <jakob at grimstveit.no> wrote:
> How can I tell? I doubt this to be the problem, since I experience same
> problem on two other machines as well. Only thing they share (except same
> lousy administrator :-) is that they all run on AMD CPUs (1700+, 1800+ and
> 3500+).

dmesg will show you irqs, but you can also find it using systat's
"vmstat" mode. It'll also allow you to monitor interrupt activity.
It's best used from the console of the machine. I would guess you'd
want to watch for two drivers, sharing an interrupt, and both
incrementing at the same rate. (I've seen that before, and it was
associated with severe performance problems, but unfortunately I do
not recall how it was fixed.)