Problems with Tor, SSH packages

Alistar Erlas millueradfa at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 14:34:44 PDT 2005

I have recently fetched the Tor package from 5-stable,
and I have run into some odd problems. Whenever I try
to start Tor, I get the following result:

tor
Oct 02 21:25:37.550 [notice] Tor v0.1.0.14. This is
experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong
anonymity.
Oct 02 21:25:37.551 [notice] Configuration file
'/usr/local/etc/tor/torrc' not present, using
reasonable defaults.
Oct 02 21:25:37.551 [notice] Initialized libevent
version 1.1a using method kqueue
Segmentation fault

It is unusual for it to segmentation fault like that
and it indicates there is something wrong.

Also, I have seen similar behaviour with SSH, where if
I also get a segmentation fault when I attempt to
start it.

ssh -l  myaccount localhost
Segmentation fault

I also noticed that there is no screen utility in the
stable packages either.

Any help with these issues is greatly appreciated,
thank you.