Problem upon upgrade ...

Aleksandar Kacanski kacanski at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 07:34:18 PDT 2005

Thanks for the quick reply.
/dev/console does exists and I believe permissions are:
crw----- /dev/console
Don't quote me on this I am working from memory.
After changing permissions for group and all users to rw i
got console back. I will make sure I change securelevel to
-1 and report what might be causing this behavior.
After than that upgrade went fine and system is now stable.
/s

--- Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> Aleksandar Kacanski <kacanski at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have issue with booting procedure after performing
> > upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4
> >
> > Error appears after booting in multi-user mode.
> > init: can't get /dev/console for controlling terminal:
> > operation not permitted.
> > Could someone point me to what might be causing this
> > problem...
>
> *Is* there a /dev/console?
> What are its permissions?
> Make sure you are at securelevel -1 to make it easier to
> identify what
> is happening.

Aleksandar Kacanski (Sasha)