Flash PLugin for FireFox

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 10:13:18 PDT 2005

On 10/1/05, Bill Schoolcraft <bill at wiliweld.com> wrote:
> At Sat, 1 Oct 2005 it looks like Andrew P. composed:
>
> > On 10/1/05, Warren <shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com> wrote:
> >> Whats a good stable flash plugin for FireFox for FreeBSD?  various ones i have
> >> tried in the past have made the browser to unstable to use.
> >> --
> >> Yours Sincerely
> >> Shinjii
> >> http://www.shinji.nq.nu
> >>

> > www/linuxpluginwrapper-20050910
> > +
> > www/linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3
>
> Hmm, any idea when this will be available for 'amd64' ?
>
> #############################
>
> [root at liam /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper]-> make install
> ===>  linuxpluginwrapper-20050613 is only for i386, and you are running amd64.
>
> #############################
>
> [root at liam /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin]-> make install
> ===>  linux-flashplugin-5.0r51_3 is only for i386, and you are running amd64.
>
> #############################
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Bill Schoolcraft
> PO Box 210076
> San Francisco, CA 94121
> http://billschoolcraft.com
>               ~
> "You do best what you like most."

Many things are still missing for FreeBSD/amd64 to
be a desktop OS. I'm not involved into any development,
but I think that enabling Flash is nowhere near the top
priorities.

<imho>Let Adobe keep it's narrow view of things -
I'll vote with my money for AJAX and against Flash,
Java and other proprietary horseshit.</imho>