BGL

Robert Slade bsd at bathnetworks.com
Sat Oct 1 04:11:38 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 09:27, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 07:43:51AM +0100, Robert Slade wrote:
>
> > Ansar,
> >
> > I have had a mail server running a SMP kernel with Fedora Core 2 I have
> > not seen any Kernel Lockup or random reboots.
> >
> > I am been having problems with a Quad processor machine with both 5.4
> > and 6 beta so much so that the machine is unusable with the SMP kernel.
> >
> > Hope this helps
>
> Actually that's pretty unhelpful.  You forgot to say what "problems"
> you are seeing, so we can't tell whether they're due to bad hardware,
> a FreeBSD bug or a broken operator :-)
>
> Kris

Kris,

I did report the problem with the SMP kernel on this mailing list.

It is not a hardware problem.

This issue is random reboots with both 5.4 and 6 beta there is nothing
in the logs to indicate what the problem is.

Having spent some 36 hrs trying to locate the problem I was forced to
give up.

Rob