cpufreq and changing driver

Marco Calviani marco.calviani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:53:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

2005/11/30, Bruno Ducrot <ducrot at poupinou.org>:
> You have to load the cpufreq.ko module at boot.
> Adding that line:
> cpufreq_load = "YES"
> to /boot/loader.conf
> should be OK.

I have that line in that position, and it seems working. The point is
that i would like to change the driver and use (AFAIU) a better driver
for my system (est).
In particular i have:

dev.cpu.0.%desc: ACPI CPU
dev.cpu.0.%driver: cpu
dev.cpu.0.%location: handle=\_PR_.CPU0
dev.cpu.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=none _UID=0
dev.cpu.0.%parent: acpi0

Maybe i didn't understood well: but what i have to do to use the Intel
Enhanced SpeedStep driver?

> powerd need some rework in order to get it working properly.  There
> is one FreeBSD project on that subject if you are interrested.

Well, thanks i'm very interested, although i'm not at all experienced
in kernel programming....

I'm not inside this issue, but it would not be possible to "emulate"
the behaviour of the ondemand governor? (sorry if this question makes
no sense)

> Bruno Ducrot

Thanks,
MC