rsh fails: [WAS] pvm connection problems

Vittorio De Martino vdm.fbsd at virgilio.it
Wed Nov 30 12:30:36 GMT 2005

Context: 2 pentium 4 boxes; freebsd 5.4 & 6.0

I detected that remote login via "rsh" doesn't work in my boxes:
e.g.
# rsh uffbsd
uffbsd.myd.prv: Connection refused

even though I've defined the trusted hosts on each box both in $HOME/.rhosts
and in /etc/hosts.equiv.
I've also uncommented the shell lines in /etc/inetd.conf to no avail.

What should I do to enable the (mistrusted) rsh connection?

Vittorio