FreeBSD 6 Apache Port

Aaron Martinez ml at proficuous.com
Wed Nov 30 04:47:35 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 20:15, Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am quite proficient at installing Apache, mod_ssl, mysql php (as a static
> module) on FreeBSD < 5.0. I always do this from source as I do not
> understand how to use the ports system ... as far as linking all the mods
> together.
>
> I have recently installed a new server using FreeBSD 6.0.
>
> Does anyone know a good tutorial or guide on how to compile Apache 2.x
> mod_ssl and php to gether from the ports collection? I know how to cd
> /usr/ports/port_name_here , make , [make test] , make install, but have
> never understood how to tie the mods together to procuce a complete setup.
>
> Also, what is the prefered method for adding ./configure args to a port?
>
> FYI, all I am looking to do is to compile Apache 2.x mod_ssl and php
> together so as to have a ports build of the apache webserver.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> -Grant
Depending on which version of Apache you're trying to build depends on the
different modules you'll need to add in.

Apache 2 has native ssl included so no mod needed.  If you want php support in
your apache, then simply install the /usr/ports/www/mod_php(4_5) port.
DONE.. here is an excerpt from a google search:

"I recommend lang/php4

When you install it should come up with a menu allowing you to choose your
options (GD support, CLI, etc).  After it is done, it will tell you what to
add to your httpd.conf file to get .php files working (apache restart
required).  To test, make a file like:

<?php
phpinfo()
?> "

"Just a quick note.

/usr/ports/lang/php4 also includes command line interface beside the
apache module. if you only need mod_php, you can cd to
/usr/ports/www/mod_php4 instead/"

Aaron Martinez