bad instability on FreeBSD/amd64 6.0

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Tue Nov 29 22:18:35 GMT 2005

 Le 28/11/2005 à 14:17:56-0500, Ian Lord a écrit
> I've been running amd64 version since version 6 been out without any
> crashes.

And have you see some big performance increase ? I mean between amd64
version and i386 version of FreeBSD ?

> On my part, the only problem I see in it, is that commercial vendors
> don't support it so in my case, I can't run zend accelerator and
> pdflib since they are precompiled for IA32

Long time ago (Hummm 1 year ;-) ) I've try to  install AMD64 version but I
come back to x86 version because lot of software (event in ports) don't
work.  What's the situation now ?

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH